We handle your personal information with care
We at Wanneroo Repertory (**) respect Your Privacy
The security of personal information that we collect is of utmost importance to us.
This Policy also provides information about how you can seek access to and correction of the personal information that we hold about you.
What kinds of personal information do we collect and hold?
The kinds of personal information that we collect will vary depending upon our interaction with you but may include:
- your name, address and other contact details (like your telephone number);
- your email address;
- your date of birth;
- your gender;
- transaction details relating to any purchase(s) that you have made with us or that have been made on your behalf;
- credit card information, but only if you expressly request us to hold that personal information (it is otherwise destroyed immediately after the relevant transaction has been completed);
- your Limelight Member logon username and password;
- any preferences that you select; and
- any other personal information which may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us.
How do we collect personal information?
Generally, we collect personal information when you:
- make a purchase through our website, mobile site, via our telephone booking service;
- somebody making a purchase on your behalf, eg part group booking;
- register as a Limelight Theatre newsletter subscriber;
- purchase or renew your membership of the Wanneroo Repertory;
- participate in a survey, competition, promotion or other marketing campaign operated by the Wanneroo Repertory or Limelight Theatre;
- sign up to a waitlist for an event;
- make an inquiry or a complaint; or
- have other dealings with us, for example, via social media or in person, over the phone or when you write to us.
In certain circumstances, we may also collect personal information about you in the course of combining and analysing different data sets which, in and of themselves, may not contain personal information.
Also, from time to time Wanneroo Repertory collects personal information about individuals who are not customers. This is usually where we collect the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom we deal. Our policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the main business purpose for which it was collected.
How does the Repertory hold personal information?
Wanneroo Repertory may hold your personal information in electronic or hard copy format, or a combination of both. This personal information may be combined or linked with other information held about, or which we attribute to, you, including:
- information (personal or otherwise) that we collect from our website and mobile site or from third parties; and
- personal information we receive from other organisations, who, in common with us, have a relationship with you and where we understand that you have consented to such organisations sharing your personal information with us.
We have taken a number of physical, electronic and procedural steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Wanneroo Repertory protects the personal information it collects in a secure database stored by our third party data storage provider. Data collected online is stored in a protected, secure data centre.
Wanneroo Repertory officers are required to treat personal information held by us as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information. Officers required sign in and use a password when accessing our systems and to undertake training about how to manage personal information.
What are the purposes for which Wanneroo Repertory may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information? Generally, we only use personal information for the primary purpose for which we have collected it, or for another closely related secondary purpose. Our potential uses of personal information which we collect (and for which you consent to us using your personal information for) may include:
- processing and fulfilling orders for tickets;
- contacting you if there is an event cancellation or change in event details, or for the replacement of lost tickets;
- to get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us in order to identify ways in which we can provide you with a better service, or enhance your experience of our website and mobile site or other services;
- managing your dealings with us as a Wanneroo Repertory member;
- promoting our products and services;
- business research and development of new products and services;
- facilitating competitions, special offers and promotions that we may run;
- displaying content and advertising (including in relation to tickets and events) that is customised to your interests, preferences and experiences, including through online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation activities;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to inquiries and complaint handling;
- data analytics and predicting trends;
- marketing services in connection with the products and services we provide; and
- compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations and enforcing our legal rights.
From time to time, there may be other purposes for which we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information. We will tell you about these at the point of collection.
Direct Marketing and Research
Wanneroo Repertory may use personal information about you for our own marketing and research purposes. We will not disclose your details to other organisations or third parties for marketing purposes.
You can manage your communication preferences in a number of ways, eg within your Wanneroo Repertory account if you are a Repertory Members or online customer; or by contacting the Secretary (link to contact form here). Any marketing communications that we send to you will also contain information on how to unsubscribe from those communications.
Who might Wanneroo Repertory disclose my personal information to? Wanneroo Repertory will only disclose your personal information:
- where we are required to do so by law;
- if the disclosure is permitted under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth); or
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
Cookies, Tracking and Advertising
To enhance your experience when using our website or mobile site, these store information you have provided to us (such as your postcode, preferences, region and sign in username) to enable us to provide a more personalised service to you. If you use the ‘Remember Me’ feature during the Wanneroo Repertory ‘sign in’ process, the cookies will also store your sign in username.
Access and Correction
Under the Australian Privacy Principles, you have a right to request access to the personal information that Wanneroo Repertory holds about you and seek its correction.
If you are a Wanneroo Repertory member, you are able to access or correct some of your personal information by logging onto our website (www.limelighttheatre.com.au) or mobile site (m.limelighttheatre.com.au). If you are not a Wanneroo Repertory member, so that your request reaches the right person, please send it to the Secretary (link to contact form here) . Please include your contact details such as email address and telephone number and enclose a copy of a form of identification such as a current driver’s licence or passport. We will not charge you for making such a request but will let you know if there is a cost for supplying you with access to or correcting the personal information.
We aim to respond to requests for access or correction within 30 days. There are certain situations under the Australian Privacy Principles where we may refuse to provide you with access to or correct your personal information but we will always let you know in writing if this is the case.
We reserve the right to vary this policy at any time, in line with legal and operational requirements. Variations will be published on this website and will only apply to information handling and processing after the Policy has been updated.
Complaints and how to contact the Secretary (link to contact form here) The Secretary (link to contact form here) can be contacted:
- by e-mail using our contact form here
- or by letter to PO Box 77, Wanneroo, WA 6946
We will always endeavour to investigate your complaint and respond to you as soon as practicable after receipt, generally within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Note (**): “Wanneroo Repertory” means Wanneroo Repertory Inc, ABN 21 028 417 969, trading as the Limelight Theatre,
Civic Drive, Wanneroo, WA 6065 Australia
ABN 21 028 417 969
Last updated 4 July 2016